**Direct Link to Downloads** or use the WebsBox - about half way down the page
Seize the Day
Living Worlds Calendar
with twelve enchanting worlds
Illustrated Animated Personal Organizer Journal
a truly marvelous program from 1994 - way ahead of it's time, and timeless still
FREE Full Version Seize the Day for Mac / PC / DosBox
Registration Code included
with extra JOURNAL and ART Plugins, also FREE
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SCREEN SAVER EVER MADE
does not run directly on Mac, nor PC beyond Windows98
But it can and will work for ALL Seize the Day users with
Sale of Seize the Day is Not Permitted. It is FREE for ALL by permission from the Creators of the Program. If in doubt, click here
Gratitude to Brad Fregger, Jeff Forestier, Ian Gilman and Larry Smith for your special help in making Seize the Day's revival possible.
Thank You Pete M. & James M. for your kind contributions of PlugIns.
DO YOU HAVE ANY Seize the Day PLUG-INS?
Comments or Questions?
IF SO PLEASE CONTACT ME
If you use the Installer Files - the registration code you need is in your download.
For the Program Folder Files your registration code is on program's start-up screen.
TIME TRAVEL TIPS + Manual + Original Booklet in the extras folder
DosBoxers: Alt+Enter to go in or out of full screen .
Ctrl + F10 for mouse release
MAC OS 9 and earlier
Just go for it !
XP + Vista 32bit
downloadfor the original installer files
1. be aware that resizing the gallery is limited, thus you need to manually change screen size. You may want to download to easily change your screen resolution to 800x600 or even better if your computer allows it, 640x480.
2. Set Seizeday.exe compatability (under properties) to run in 256 colours.
for 64 bit Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or MacOSX - use DOSBOX
HOWEVER ... IF you don't have Windows 3.1 and really need to have Seize the Day, then download
DosBox plus Doswin.zip - which has Seize the Day pre-loaded.
1. Download and install
3. Follow simple instructions included in the doswin folder. (for Win 8 - same as for Win 7)
4. THEN run Dosbox - Windows 3 will load and
Seize the Day will automatically run - ENJOY!
also, in DosBox
Alt + Enter for fullscreen (and back again)
Ctrl + F10 for mouse release from DosBox
after quitting StD - type exit to quit DosBox
Other DosBox Hints for if you have not used the pre-installed version
1. For Mac or PC if you want to use StD under DosBox without fussing with Windows, edit the system.ini file of Windows 3.1 to use the line shell=c:\seize\seizetheday.exe
2. If you don't want to fuss with DosBox after installing Windows 3.1 - open "dosbox-0.74.conf" (win) with Notepad for PC - At the end of the file under [autoexec] insert the following lines:-
mount c c:\doswin
or for Mac OS X
in Dosbox-0.74. Preferences for MacOSX add the lines :(presuming your 'doswin' folder is placed at top level of your 'home' folder) (and watch out for spaces. eg mountspacecspace
mount c ~/doswin
Seize the Day
update June 4th 2011 - DONE! The INSTALLERS arrived & uploaded (YAY!!!)
Thank you Brad Fregger, Jeff Forestier and Larry Smith
and also Ian Gilman with his getsatisfaction site.
May 9th 2011 update - Mission ALMOST Accomplished. The ORIGINAL INSTALLERS for both WIN & MAC versions of 'Seize the Day' are COMING SOON!! Yes folks, I have finally managed to track down ORIGINAL BOXED VERSIONS for both Mac and PC
Update November 4th 2010
you can now download your Full Copy
thanks to Stephani and to all at this site
we have contact with someone who has the full program - stay tuned
On October 23rd 2010, after years of intermittent searching ,
I found a demo of Seize The Day Living World Calendar from 1994.
Mixed it with old files from a non-working copy a friend sent me,
plus the scanned original booklet from another.
Still beautifully enchanting
... and a useful program
Please leave a note or any requests in my Guestbook